Investing in a new hot water tank may not be nearly as costly as say replacing the furnace or air conditioner may be, but with all the spending we have been doing this holiday season, odds are you don’t have the extra funds for an expense like this. Your best bet would be to do everything possible to keep that hot water tank working at peak efficiency for as long as possible. Not doing so could mean a winter full of icy cold showers, and that is no way to start your day.
Maintaining Your Hot Water Tank with Four Seasons:
- Replacing the Anode: The anode is a rod that is inserted into your tank and it is able to attract the corrosive minerals that are in your water supply. Without this valuable part, your hot water tank work rot out from the inside within a matter of a few short years. However, this rod does corrode over time and if you have never had your anode checked, now may be the time to have Four Seasons take a look. This simple replacement could add on years to the life of your hot water tank.
- Flushing the Tank: The water that enters your home is also laden with mineral sediment that will settle at the bottom of your tank and obstruct your burners. This sediment needs to be drained yearly in order to make sure that your burners can heat the water as efficiently as possible.
- Burner Maintenance: After draining the sediment the burners need to be looked over. A good thorough cleaning could greatly increase the energy efficiency of your hot water tank and lead to substantial savings on your energy bills along with increased lifespan of the system.
- Insulation: Insulating your hot water tank with an insulating jacket will help keep the hot water created by the tank hot for longer periods of time. This will save money because you will get more out of each heating cycle the tank goes through.
- Temperature Settings: If you haven’t already done so, set back the temperature on your hot water tank to 120degrees. This will protect your family from scalding burns and save loads of energy that had previously been wasted overheating the water for your home. This could also expand the lifespan of the system because it will decrease the unit’s workload with each cycle.
The typical maintenance check from Four Seasons can keep your hot water tank working properly for as long as possible. If you have never had your system checked, chances are there are several areas where your tank is wasting energy and experiencing damage. Have Four Seasons do a thorough assessment of your tank today and enjoy hot showers for years to come!