What you can do to help be sure your HVAC systems last as long as possible –
Keep grass clippings and leaves away from the outdoor unit. This keeps dirt and debris from getting into the system. It also keeps the airflow path clear.
- Keep furniture and carpeting away from grills and ductwork. If you block your air conditioning system’s ability to deliver air, you rob yourself of the cooling necessary to keep your home comfortable.
- Keep the west-facing drapes, shades or blinds drawn in the afternoon. Keeping the sun out will keep your home cooler.
- Run your dishwasher, washing machine and dryer in the evening hours.
- Don’t use your oven while running the air conditioner.
- Keep your fan running. It helps to keep the air moving.
- Don’t overrun an exhaust fan. It pulls the air conditioning out of the home.
- Use a programmable thermostat. This allows you to cool your home only when you need it.
- Zone your heating and cooling system. If you spend most of your time in one part of your home or if different people in your home want the temperature at different settings, then zoning can help you be more comfortable and save money on your utility bills.
- Use an attic ventilator. By pulling hot air out of your home, you keep your home cooler in the summer.
Have your cooling system checked at least once per year by a qualified heating & air conditioning experts such as a Four Seasons Service Technician. Your equipment works more efficiently when it is clean and running properly