Anyone living in Chicago would say that predicting the weather is about as easy as winning the lottery. From a smoldering 85 degress and sunny to a rainy and chilly 50 degree day, summer can be somewhat unpredictable. The unpredictable weather can cause a household furnace or AC to completely shut down and most new owners have limited ideas on what to do. Considering the extreme weather your heating or cooling needs to get fixed fast. So what do you do? You pick up the phone, browse the company reviews on yelp, or ask a good friend for suggestions. You want a Chicago Air Conditioning company that demonstrates knowledge of what you should do when these problems arise. Never take it upon yourself to fix these problems without having a little bit of knowledge on what you should and should not do.
Air Conditioning Do’s:
- Install a programmable thermostat: This one piece of equipment can save you up to $180 a year by maintaining a constant temperature throughout your office or home. Time shut-offs and zone specific temperatures will allow for additional savings.
- Get the coils cleaned on you AC unit: Dirty coils can raise your AC units bill by up to 20%. Dirty coils can also shorten the life of your unit by up to one total year. It is a simple yet efficient measure used to maintain your AC unit.
- Change the air filter of your air conditioning unit: Your cooling unit needs a new filter frequently in order to reduce the work your unit outputs yearly.
- Annual Tune-Ups and Regular Maintenance: The average AC unit loses 5% efficiency without regular maintenance. Maintaining your HVAC system can keep it at 95% of its original efficiency for up to 15 years.
Air Conditioning Don’ts:
- Cover your outside AC unit with plastic: Plastic traps moisture and can lead to rust and deterioration. Instead, use a cover specifically designed for outdoor AC units.
- Try and service your cooling system yourself: If something is seriously wrong with your unit, leave it to the professionals at Four Seasons!
- Schedule an appointment without any knowledge: Make sure you do your research before maintaining your AC unit. Knowing as much information about your company through online reviews, word of mouth, and other helpful tools will ensure that you maximize your savings.
The Four Seasons Way
Thousands of customers come to Four Seasons every year looking for service on their AC unit, and they have come to the right place. But, no matter which company you call to handle your repair, you need to be prepared. Communication is everything, and having questions prepared is a great way to get the most out of your HVAC service.