This is the start of a bad year for asthma sufferers in the Chicago area. The outside mold and pollen counts are contributing factors to the suffering of these people. Inside air pollutants have been found to be big factors in these asthma attacks as well. Dust and mold are leading the list of inside air quality polluters. Inside air can be cleaned up simply in comparison to the outside air we all have to breathe.
5 Steps to Whole House Air Purification:
- Have your duct work professionally cleaned. This will eliminate dust and dirt that have already accumulated in duct work.
- Have a cartage filter housing installed in your duct work in place of the standard one inch filter slots most homes have. This five inch thick filter does a far superior job of cleaning the air and keeping your duct work clean.
- Remove and discard last year’s humidifier pad. Replace it with a clean one. Old humidifier pads can become a breading ground for molds and fungus. New pads are treated to prevent this unhealthy growth, but this coating does dissipate with use.
- Have a UV sanitizer installed in the plenum of your furnace. Ultra Violet light has been proven to kill the majority of mold, mildew and fungus that is exposed to it. This simple device will help deliver clean sanitized breathing air to your family.
- Adding an outside air exchanger to your HVAC system will help remove stale air from your house and bring in fresh clean filtered air for you to breath. This air exchanger system will almost completely do away with the need to open your windows to air out the house.
Air Purification Experts!
Five simple steps that can help make your heating and cooling system asthma friendly. You could install portable air fresheners all over the home and maintain them weekly, or you could have Four Seasons perform a whole house air purification upgrade. This option gets you the most for your money, and because these systems only need annual or biannual servicing, you don’t have to constantly monitor them to know that they are doing their job and protecting the air in your home!